Thursday 13 May 2010

Happy Birthday, Richard Madeley


It's his birthday today my i-phone app informed me. Snap! Alex appeared with a breakfast tray laden with coffee and a tiny birthday cake with three candles. She then produced a huge basket of gifts loosely wrapped in green crepe paper. (It’s the way to go). There was a bag of coffee, a small box of Irish hand made chocolates, a metallic green “whistle when I boil” kettle (very cool), a black linen shirt, a bottle of Rioja, another bag of coffee (decaf), a metallic effect purple / pink cover for the i-phone (uber cool), a bar of Milka chocolate and the basket itself. Today, I feel truly loved. And so, to you, dear Richard. I sincerely hope that you feel as loved today as I do. Many happy returns to you and to all whose birthday falls today, and in this merry month of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment